Plants spark joy. Let’s celebrate Arbor Week by shining the spotlight on these carbon dioxide suckers that are guaranteed to make your home happier.
Bird of Paradise
Bring a slice of tropical paradise into your home with the Bird of Paradise. These plants can become massive and need a roomy pot to thrive. The bright orange flowers are sure to make your heart sing with delight and will brighten up a well-lit space in your home.
- Loves: Bright sunlight and high humidity
- Dislikes: Frost
These fine-leafed beauties thrive in dimly lit spaces with high humidity, such as your bathroom. Place them close to the shower to ensure they soak up enough moisture.
- Loves: High humidity and shade
- Dislikes: Direct, intense sunlight and dry heat
Fiddle Leaf Fig
These round-leafed trees are extremely popular and are currently gracing every décor magazine’s pages as this season’s must have decorative item.
- Loves: Bright, indirect sunshine and a consistent environment
- Dislikes: This plant hates being moved around in the house. To ensure it thrives, pick the perfect spot and keep the plant there otherwise those stunning, big leaves will drop.
Rubber trees are more often than not small trees but they are hardy and will liven up a countertop or bedside table with a splash of green.
- Loves: Being coddled, bright but indirect sunlight
- Dislikes: Having dusty leaves. Wipe the leaves down regularly.
Which plant are you getting next to put in your home?